1. Seligman MEP. Positive psychology, positive prevention, and positive therapy. In: Snyder CR, Lopez SJ (Eds). Handbook of positive psychology. New York: Oxford University Press; 2002. p. 3-9. [Homepage
2. Carr, A. Positive psychology: The science of happiness and human strengths. 2nd ed. New York: Brunner-Routledge Publisher; 2011.
3. Martin AJ, Marsh HW. Academic buoyancy: Towards an understanding of students' everyday academic resilience. J Sch Psychol 2008;46 (1):53-83. [PubMed
4. Putwain DV, Connors L. Symes W, Douglas-Osborn E. Is academic buoyancy anything more than adaptive coping? Anxiety Stress Coping 2011;25(3):349-58. [Homepage
6. García-Alandete J. Does meaning in life predict psychological well-being? An analysis using the Spanish versions of the purpose-In-life test and the Ryff’s scales. EJCoP 2015;3(2):89-98. [Homepage
8. Cho E, Lee D, Lee JH, Bae BH, Jeong SM. Meaning in life and school adjustment: Testing the mediating effects of problem-focused coping and self-acceptance. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 2014;114(1):777-81.
9. Bekenkamp J, Groothof H, Bloemers W, Tomica W. The relationship between physical health and meaning in life among parents of special needs children. Eur J Psychol 2014;10(1):67-78. [DOI
10. Epstein S. The implications of cognitive-experiential self-theory for research in social psychology and personality. J Pers Soc Psychol 1985;15(3):283-310.
11. Higgins ET. Social cognition: learning about what matters in the social world. Eur J Soc Psychol 2000;30(1):3-39.
12. Steger MF, Kashdan TB, Sullivan BA, Lorentz D. Understanding the search for meaning in life: Personality, cognitive style, and the dynamic between seeking and experiencing meaning. J Pers 2008;76(2):199-228. [PubMed
13. Frankl VE. Man's Search for Meaning. 4nded. Boston (MA): Beacon Press; 2017.
14. Yalom ID. Existential psychotherapy. 4nded. New York: Ingram Publisher Services US; 2015.
15. Frankl VE. Unheard crying for meaning: Psychotherapy and humanism. New York: Washington Square Press; 1978.
16. Kleftaras G, Psarra E. Meaning in life, psychological well-being and depressive symptomatology: A comparative study. Psychol 2012;3(4):337-45. [Homepage
17. Dehdari T, Yarahmadi R, Taghdisi MH, Daneshvar R, AhmadPoor J. The relationship between meaning in life and depression, anxiety and stress status among college students of Iran University of medical sciences in 2013. Iran J Health Educ Health Promot 2013;1(3):83-92. [Persian] [Homepage
18. Ahmadi GH, Sohrabi F, Baratisade F, Ghaderi M. Investigating the predictive role meaning of life in depression of students. J Counsel Psychother 2015;4(14):89-102. [Persian]
19. Cohen K, Cairns D. Is searching for meaning in life associated with reduced subjective well-being? Confirmation and possible moderators. J Happiness Stud 2012;13(2):313-31.
20. Bronk KC, Hill PL, Lapsley DK, Talib TL, Finch H. Purpose, hope, and life satisfaction in three age groups. J Posit Psychol 2009;4(6):500-10. [Homepage
21. Kiang L, Fuligni A. Meaning in life as a mediator of ethnic identity and adjustment among adolescents from Latin, Asian, and European American backgrounds. J Youth Adolescence 2010;39(11):1253-64. [Homepage
22. Pan JY, Wong DF, Joubert L, Chan CL. The protective function of meaning of life on life satisfaction among Chinese students in Australia and Hong Kong: A cross-cultural comparativestudy.JAmCollHealth 2008;57(2):221-31. [PubMed
23. Halama P, Dedova M. Meaning in life and hope as predictors of positive mental health: Do they explain residual variance not predicted by personality traits? Studia Psychologica 2007;49(3):191-200. [Homepage
24. Kim TH, Lee SM, Yu K, Le SK, Puig A. Hope and the meaning of life as influences on Korean adolescents resilience: Implications for counselor. Asia Pac Educ Rev 2005;2(6):143-52.
25. Nasiri H, Jowkar B. Meaning of life, hope, life satisfaction and mental health in women. Women's Res 2008;6(2):157-76. [Persian]
26. Krejcie RV, Morgan DW. Determining sample size for research activities. Educ Psychol Meas 1970;30(3): 607-10. [Homepage
27. Steger MF, Frazier P, Oishi S, Kaler M. The meaning in life questionnaire: Assessing the presence of and search for meaning in life. J Couns Psychol 2006;53(1):80-93.
28. Dehghanizadeh MH, HosseinChari M. Academic buoyancy and perception of family communication patterns; mediating role of self-efficacy. J Teach Learn 2012;4(2):22-47. [Persian]
29. Martin AJ, Marsh HW. Academic buoyancy and its psychological and educational correlates: A construct validity approach. Psychol Schs 2006;43(3):267-81.
30. Baumesiter RF. Meanings of life. New York: Guilford Press; 1991.
31. Pezirkianidis C, Stalikas A, Efstathiou E, Karakasidou E. The relationship between meaning in life, emotions and psychological illness: The moderating role of the effects of the economic crisis. EJCoP 2016;4(1):77-100.
32. Feldman DB, Snyder CR. Hope and the meaningful life: Theoretical and empirical associations between goal-directed thinking and life meaning. J Soc Clin Psychol 2005;24(3):401-21.
33. Ryff CD, Singer B. The contours of positive human health. Psychol Inquiry 1998;9(1):1-28.
34. Scheier MF, Carver CS, Bridges MW. Distinguishing optimism from neuroticism (and trait anxiety, self-mastery and self-esteem): A reevaluation of the life orientation test. J Pers Soc Psychol 1994;67(6):1063-78.
35. Jaefari E. Spiritual predictors of mental health nurses: the meaning in life, welfare and religious well - being and existential well - being. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Fac 2015;13(8):676-84. [Persian]
36. Ehyakonandeh M, Shaikholeslami R. The role of identity styles and meaning of life on the mental health of university female students. J Appl Psychol 2014;8(3):117-37. [Persian]
37. Gholamali Lavasani M, Ejei J, Mohammadi Masiri F. The relationship between meaning of life and optimism with subjective well-being. J Psychol 2013;17(1):3-17. [Persian]
38. Govahi Jahan, F. The relationship between the meaning in life and marital satisfaction. J Psychol Educ Sci 2007;2(8):49-69. [Persian]
39. Nadi MA, Sajjadian I. Comparison of psychological development's students in perceptions of meaning of life. Knowledge Res Appl Psychol 2012;13(1):18-27. [Persian]
40. Gheirati E, Shabanifar A, Akhlaghi M, Peyman N. Relationship between communication skills and mental health among the students of Mashhad University of medical sciences. J Sch Pub Health Institute Pub Health Res 2016;14(3):61-72. [Persian]
41. Koromi Nouri R, Mocrie A, Mohammadifar M, Yazdani E. The study of happiness & well-being and the role of different factors for them among students of Tehran University. J Psycho Educ 2002;32(1):3-41. [Persian]
42. Wong PTP. Meaning-centered counseling: A cognitive-behavioural approach to Logotherapy. Int Forum Logotherapy. 1997;20(2):85-94.
43. Mohammadzadeh J, Khosravi A. The relationship between purpose in life, coping stylesand mental health among university students. J Health Syst Res 2013;8(6): 951-58.
44. Kheiri M, Emami Sigaroudi A, Farmanbar R, Atrkarroshan, Z. Subjective well-being and related factors among students of Gilan University. J Health Educ Health Promot 2014;2(1):27-36. [Persian]
45. Tagharobi Z, Sharifi Kh, Souki Z. Subjective well-being in the students of Kashan nursing & midwifery faculty (KNMF). Sci J Hamadan Nurs Midwifery Fac 2012; 20(1):54-64. [Persian]
46. Mirowsky J, Ross Catherine E. Age and depression. J Health Soc Behav 1992;33(3):187-205.
47. Quinn PL. The meaning of life according to Christianity. In: Klemke ED (Eds). The meaning of life. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000b. p. 57-64.
48. Abdullah Zadeh R, Moody M, Allahyari A, Khanjani, N. The relationship between spiritual intelligence and resilience in cancer patients in South Khorasan province. NJV 2015;2(3):15-24. [Persian]
49. Talebzadeh Shooshtari L, Pourshafei H. The relation between meaning in life and general health among staff of Birjand University (2009-2010). J Birjand Univ Med Sci 2011;18(1):55-61. [Persian]