1. Wagner T. The Global Achievement Gap. New York, NY: Perseus Books Group; 2008.
2. Koehler MJ, Mishra P, Yahya K. Tracing the development of teacher knowledge in a design seminar: Integrating content, pedagogy and technology. Comput Educ. 2007;49(3):740-62. [DOI:10.1016/j.compedu.2005.11.012
3. Allen IE, Seaman J. Changing course: Ten years of tracking online education in the United States. Newburyport, MA: ERIC; 2013.
4. Anderson T. Theories for learning with emerging technologies. Emerg Innov Digit Learn Found Appl. 2016:35-50.
5. Guasch T, Alvarez I, Espasa A. University teacher competencies in a virtual teaching/learning environment: Analysis of a teacher training experience. Teach Teach Educ. 2010;26(2):199-206. [DOI:10.1016/j.tate.2009.02.018
6. Fish WW, Wickersham LE. Best practices for online instructors: Reminders. Q Rev Dist Educ. 2009;10(3):279.
7. Crow R, McGinty D, LeBaron J. The Online Small Group Analysis (OSGA): Adapting a Tested Formative Assessment Technique for Online Teaching. MountainRise. 2008;4(3).
8. Chua A, Lam W. Quality assurance in online education: The Universitas 21 Global approach. Brit J Educ Technol. 2007;38(1):133-52. [DOI:10.1111/j.1467-8535.2006.00652.x
9. Smith T. Fifty-One Competencies for Online Instruction. J Educ Online. 2005;2(2). [DOI:10.9743/JEO.2005.2.2
10. Menchaca MP, Hoffman ES. Planning for evaluation in online learning: University of Hawaii case study. J Coll Teach Learn. 2009;6(8):45.
11. Wang H. How cultural values shape Chinese students' online learning experience in American universities [Doctoral dissertation]. Georgia: University of Georgia; 2006.
12. Mojab F, Zaefarian R, Azizi AHD. Applying Competency based Approach for Entrepreneurship education. Proc Soc Behav Sci. 2011;12:436-47. [DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.02.054
13. Darabi AA, Sikorski EG, Harvey RB. Validated Competencies for Distance Teaching. Dist Educ. 2006;27(1):105-22. [DOI:10.1080/01587910600654809
14. Yaghoubi J, Malek Mohammadi I, Iravani H, Attaran M. Desired characteristics of faculty members and students in E-learning in higher education of Iran: Virtual students' viewpoint. Faslnameye Pezhoohesh va Barnameh Rizi Dar Amoozesh Ali. 2008;47:159-73.
15. Williams PE. Roles and Competencies for Distance Education Programs in Higher Education Institutions. Am J Dist Educ. 2003;17(1):45-57. [DOI:10.1207/S15389286AJDE1701_4
16. Bigatel PM, Ragan LC, Kennan S, May J, Redmond BF. The Identification of Competencies for Online Teaching Success. Online Learn. 2012;16(1).
17. Young S. Student views of effective online teaching in higher education. Am J Dist Educ. 2006;20(2):65-77. [DOI:10.1207/s15389286ajde2002_2
18. Varvel VE. Master online teacher competencies. Online J Dist Learn Adm. 2007;10(1):1-41.
19. Puzziferro M, Shelton K. Supporting online faculty-Revisiting the seven principles (a few years later). Online J Dist Learn Adm. 2009;12(3):1-7.
20. Chickering A, Gamson Z. Applying the seven principles of good practice for undergraduate education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 1991.
21. Mu-oz Carril PC, González Sanmamed M, Hernández Sellés N. Pedagogical roles and competencies of university teachers practicing in the e-learning environment. Int Rev Res Open Distr Learn. 2013;14(3):462. [DOI:10.19173/irrodl.v14i3.1477
22. Boon S, Sinclair C. Life Behind the Screen: Taking the Academic Online. Exploring the theory, pedagogy and practice of networked learning. New York: Springer 2012. p. 273-87.
23. Bates A, Bates T, Sangra A. Managing technology in higher education: Strategies for transforming teaching and learning: John Wiley & Sons; 2011
24. Goodyear P, Salmon G, Spector JM, Steeples C, Tickner S. Competences for online teaching: A special report. Educ Technol Res Dev. 2001;49(1):65-72. [DOI:10.1007/BF02504508
25. Alvarez I, Guasch T, Espasa A. University teacher roles and competencies in online learning environments: a theoretical analysis of teaching and learning practices. Eur J Teach Educ. 2009;32(3):321-36. [DOI:10.1080/02619760802624104
26. Shank P. Competencies for online instructors: Learning Peaks LLC; 2004 Mar. 1424-35 p.
27. Bawane J, Spector JM. Prioritization of online instructor roles: implications for competency‐based teacher education programs. Dist Educ. 2009;30(3):383-97. [DOI:10.1080/01587910903236536
28. Thach EC. Perceptions of distance education experts regarding the roles, outputs, and competencies needed in the field of distance education. Texas Texas A&M University; 1995.
29. Pigliapoco E, Bogliolo A. The effects of psychological sense of community in online and face-to-face academic courses. Int J Emerg Technol Learn. 2008;3(4):60-9. [DOI:10.3991/ijet.v3i4.201
30. Al-Hunaiyyan A, Al-Sharhan S, Al-Sharrah H. A new instructional competency model: towards an effective e-learning system and environment. Int J Inf Technol Comput Sci. 2012;5:94-103.
31. ASTD. The ASTD (2013) competency model: ASTD; 2013 [Available from: http://www.astd.Org/Certification/Competency-Model.
32. Meyer JD, Barefield AC. Infrastructure and administrative support for online programs. Online J Dist Learn Adm 2010;13(3):n3.
33. UNESCO. Estándares de competencias en tic para docentes: UNESCO; 2008 [Available from: http://www.eduteka.org/EstandaresDocentesUnesco.php.
34. Berge ZL. Facilitating computer conferencing: Recommendations from the field. Educ Technol Saddle Brook NJ. 1995;35:22-.
35. Egan TM, Akdere M. Clarifying Distance Education Roles and Competencies: Exploring Similarities and Differences Between Professional and Student-Practitioner Perspectives. Am J Dist Educ. 2005;19(2):87-103. [DOI:10.1207/s15389286ajde1902_3
36. Selim HM. Critical success factors for e-learning acceptance: Confirmatory factor models. Comput Educ. 2007;49(2):396-413. [DOI:10.1016/j.compedu.2005.09.004
37. Briggs S. Changing roles and competencies of academics. Act Learn Higher Educ. 2016;6(3):256-68. [DOI:10.1177/1469787405057753
38. Trentin G. Networked Collaborative Learning: social interaction and active learning: Elsevier; 2010. [DOI:10.1533/9781780631646
39. Yang Y, Cornelious LF. Preparing instructors for quality online instruction. Online J Dist Learn Adm 2005;8(1):1-16.